A government entity in Crestview is in need of a full-time Computer Technician II to join their team. Check out the description below to see if this position sounds like a great fit for you!
* Performing installations and configurations of computer hardware, software and peripherals and keeping it up to date
* Performing initial diagnosis of system hardware, software and communications connectivity problems and personally correcting or initiating the correction though technicians, consultants or supervisors
* Coordinating system and data maintenance, upgrading/ updating with other department system users
* Working each Support Ticket to resolution, testing results and documenting the process and time spent in the Help Desk application
* Using software and tools to clean computer security issues and improve performance of systems
* Accurately maintaining/ updating/ correcting IT database and spreadsheet records as changes occur in the network
* Completing data retrieval, drive wiping of IT equipment and accurately documenting the process prior to disposal
* Maintaining shipping, packaging, installations and disposal of documentation
* Operating computers, related peripherals and testing equipment in performing specialized technical department functions.
* Establishing/troubleshooting client LAN connectivity to network switches/routers for workstations, printers, and peripherals.
* Providing technical support and assistance to other department system users and end users where applicable.
* Well-spoken with a polite and courteous disposition to both teammates and customers
* Highly motivated and intuitive with what needs to be done
* Organized and have an eye for detail
* A great listener with a positive, can-do attitude
* Able to meet the schedule and attendance requirements
* Associates degree with course work emphasis in Computer Science or Information Management, or vocational/technical degree emphasizing same, or at minimum 2 years of progressively responsible experience in PC desktop, laptop, and mobile support functions
* Extensive knowledge in MS Windows 7 or above operating systems and Active Directory
* Knowledge of taking boxed computers and connecting computers to mini network with imaging server, following a checklist to load image, moving to another area and place on our network
* Ablility to follow disposal process for wiping machines for the boneyard after their use is up
* Understanding of how helpdesk softwares work, able to answer calls and put tickets in/ pass urgent matters to the Techs
* Knowledge on pushing software updates out to all computer systems
* Ability to remote into machines and update, install printers and other simple fixes as needed
* Network certification, A+, or Microsoft Certified Professional Certification preferred
* A valid driver’s licensePhysical Requirements:
* Ability to lift 100 pounds occasionally
* Ability to climb ladders, stairs and ramps
* Ability to bend or stay standing for periods of time
Compensation and Schedule:
*This position is full-time and pays $15. 26 per hour
*Hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a. m. to 5:00 p. m.
*This assignment is considered “Contract” and is expected to last no longer than 6 months, or will be determined by the client’s needs. Does this job sound like a perfect match for your personality, skills and previous experience? Apply today! If selected to continue to the next step in the hiring process, an HR Specialist will contact you.
Date Posted: 10/23/2018