A local Human Resources company is in need of a full-time Payroll Tax Accountant to join their team. Check out the description below to see if this position sounds like a great fit for you!
* Sharing in duties assigned to the Payroll Tax Team related to the daily review of payroll activity from various payroll systems and the submission of the tax liabilities due. This includes:Generating reports from the payroll system on payroll activity and reviewing the accuracy of the system’s computations for errorsImporting the payroll activity from Landrum’s payroll systems into the organization’s payroll tax compliance software (MasterTax)Importing the payroll activity from Landrum’s payroll systems into the accounting system, Great PlainsTimely remittance of tax liabilities arising from the daily payroll transactionsRecording of remitted tax payments into MasterTax, Great Plains, and other logs used to track payroll tax compliance activity.
* Preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual payroll tax returns for assigned corporations. Generating reports upon the monthly financial closing performed by the Finance Department at month endReview of information from payroll system for accuracy and documentation of that review through the update of payroll tax working papersRetains and manages the supporting documentation used to compile and update payroll tax working papersImporting wage information (RTS imports) on a quarterly basis from the payroll systems into MasterTax to reconcile differences of the payroll system’s calculated tax liabilities to MasterTax’s calculationsCreation of payroll tax returns out of MasterTax for review and signature of the signorSubmission of the approved returns to the appropriate taxing agencyPreparation of amended tax returns through MasterTax (or other designated methods if not available in MasterTax) for review, signature, and submissionSubmits check requests to Accounts Payable for disbursement of tax liabilities paid by check and maintains proof of timely, compliant paymentRemits payments for tax liabilities through electronic payment and maintains proof of timely, compliant paymentSupplying information to company’s auditors for the organization’s quarterly audit. Includes providing responses on any auditor inquiries
* Performs assigned tasks related to the issuance of W-2s to company worksite employeesResearches laws and rules to answer client questions regarding proper tax treatment of income and deductions. Creates files for documentation of positions taken. Prepares year-end client letter. Coordinates with Payroll Tax Manager for review of letter content. Informs others within the organization of the client mailing. Answers client questions regarding year-end letter. Coordinates calculations necessary for adjustments related to W-2 reporting. Coordinates with Payroll department all adjustments necessary to prepare W-2’s. Coordinates client responses to year-end letter. Coordinates without outside service for processing and mailing of W-2’s. Coordinates with others in the tax department regarding balancing and timing of final file preparation. Assists in managing the payroll system and tax preparation systems for the creation of the W-2 filesOversees transmission of files to outside service provider for W-2 processing and managing. Ensures W-2’s the availability to employees and clients. Provides ideas for more efficient processing of W-2’s to Payroll Tax Manager
*Ensuring Compliance of recordsEnsures that all tax account changes are timely updated in MasterTax and PrismAttends new client onboarding meetings and Pre-OrientationsReviews first live payrolls in Prism to ensure taxes are calculating correctlyEnsures that all tax pending tax account changes are noted on master tax account listsCompares the payroll tax parameters from the payroll system to the verified changes within MasterTax. Submits requests to update payroll systems for required changes as designated by the organization. Reviews shared—or duplicated—employees in the system and ensure that the payroll system is properly configured to account for the aggregated wages by corporationReviews the payroll information of transactions and employees with specific tax treatment (e. g., disability pay, multi-state employees, ministers, VISA workers, etc.) for proper tax treatment. Works with client and employees to obtain required information to determine treatment and to resolve their questions and concerns. Performs interim reviews of payroll information to ensure errors are identifiedPrepares tax account change forms for review and signatureSubmits approved tax account change formsAssists Payroll Tax Team with the resolution of payroll tax notices (as assigned)Assists Payroll Tax Team with the research of various payroll tax compliance issuesAssists Payroll Tax Team with the implementation of new softwareParticipates in Payroll Tax Team discussions on improvements on processes and internal controls
*Accurate and understand the importance of compliance as it affects Payroll taxes.
*Current on legislative changes regarding Federal and State requirements
* A Bachelor's Degree (B. A.) or (B. S.) in Accounting is required and five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
*Great Plains software knowledge preferred
Compensation and Schedule:
*This position is full-time and pay is dependent upon experience
* Usual work hours are Monday - Friday 8:00 a. m. to 5:00 p. m. with one hour off for lunch. However, due to the sometimes unpredictable demands and requirements of this job, actual work hours may fluctuate from week to week. This employee will generally be required to work whatever schedule necessary in order to properly fulfill the duties of this position.
Assignment Type:This assignment is considered a Direct Placement, meaning that you’ll be placed on the employer’s payroll immediately.
*Note: Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug and tobacco free workplace. Does this job sound like a perfect match for your personality, skills and previous experience? Apply today! If selected to continue to the next step in the hiring process, an HR Specialist will contact you.
Date Posted: 11/8/2018