Why Boot Camp?
Good management doesn’t just happen, it requires training.
Managers don’t inherently know how to handle delicate personnel issues or even how to effectively motivate employees. Many times, they are brought into a management role with NO clue as to what they are doing.
According to HR Professionals Magazine, capable and effective managers HAVE to be trained to stay current on the latest updates in employment laws, workplace safety requirements and a host of other trends.
This is why we created our quarterly "Supervisor Training Boot Camp," helping leaders of all levels keep up to date on employment law and learn how to use that knowledge in everyday workplace situations.
Classes will be held at the LandrumHR Pensacola office located at 6723 Plantation Road.
|Wednesday, May 30
8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
|Wednesday, June 6
8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• Tips for Managers & Supervisors
• Other Laws of Importance
• Laws Specific to FL
• Harassment Prevention
• Interviewing & Hiring Tips
• Conflict Management
• Documentation & Discipline
Who Should Attend?
Whether you've been supervising for 10 years, or you're just starting out - our Supervisor Training Boot Camp has something everyone can benefit from.
This training workshop covers employment law basics as well as tips and tricks for compliance in everyday situations - making it the perfect refresher course for seasoned managers, or a great intro for new ones!
Titles may include but are not limited to:
-HR Manager, Coordinator, Assistant or Compliance Officer
-Office, Facility or Branch Manager
-Sales, Marketing, Finance, Quality Control, or Customer Service Manager
What Others Are Saying
"LandrumHR's Supervisor Training Boot Camp provided an affordable and enjoyable option for a complete overview of relevant topics supervisors tackle each day. Becki Haines' professional, energetic presentation, with Q&A opportunity, captured my attention and ignited me to implement a plan for immediate improvements in my company's HR policies and procedures." -Lynne, Attendee from February 2017 Boot Camp
"I used tools I learned in the interview process the first day I returned to work! Thank you." -Anonymous Attendee from May 2017 Boot Camp
"Information covered was a great refresher. Becki did a great job and used practical & current situations to use as examples." -Anonymous Attendee from May 2017 Boot Camp
“This training was one of the best I have ever been to in my life. The personal experiences Becki spoke of really brought home the points she was making. As things come up throughout my day that need to be taken care of, I am constantly reminded of what I learned at Boot Camp. I am trying to be the kind of manager Becki encouraged us to be. Thank you so much for changing the way I think and react to situations with employees!" -Janet, Manager at Local Nonprofit Organization and Attendee from May 2017 Boot Camp
About the Instructor
Becki Haines, PHR, SHRM-CP
Director of Training and Consulting at LandrumHR
Becki has over 20 years of Human Resources (HR) experience and holds a business degree with a concentration in HR. She is certified as both a Professional in Human Resources (PHR) by the HR Certification Institute (HRCI) and a Certified Professional through the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM-CP).
As a seven-year LandrumHR employee, Becki has worked with the staffing and consulting divisions of the company. She is currently the Director of Consulting for LandrumHR. Prior to joining LandrumHR, she was the Director of Human Resources for a health care system in Mobile, Alabama where she lead the HR team in the proper execution of the recruitment, employment, benefits, compensation, workers’ compensation and safety disciplines for 1,000+ staff.
Becki is passionate about helping organizations best manage their greatest resource – their people. A teacher at heart, Becki focuses on helping business leaders understand the “why” behind the “what” so that they can move forward with confidence in their decisions.
- How much does it cost? The cost for our 8-hour Supervisory Boot Camp Training is $178. If you break it down, it comes out to be $22 per hour - which is a whole lot cheaper than a lawsuit! Think of supervisor/management training as an investment. Ignorance can be expensive!
- Can you pay for just one day? We ask that attendees attend both days of the training course and do not allow split pricing for one day only. Please call (850) 266-6134 or email us at email@example.com to register if you require special accommodations.
- Where do I put the Early Bird promo code in when I register? Early bird promotion runs through Monday, Apri 2, 2018. Once you click on the green "Tickets" button on the Eventbrite site, a pop-up window will appear for you to select your tickets. In the upper right hand corner of this pop-up box there is a blue link that says "Enter Promotional Code." Simply click that link, enter the early bird code, and click "Apply Code," and you'll immediately see the 15% off reflected in your cart before you checkout.
- Is lunch provided? While a full lunch is not provided during this course, we do offer coffee and light snacks to hold you over until we dismiss!
5 Reasons Why Developing Middle Management is Crucial to Success
Your business is successful because of the collective energy and efforts of the people working with and for you. If you want to make your business better, invest in your people.* According to a Gallup study, a staggering 87% of employees... Continue reading.
7 Manager Mistakes with Costly Consequences
Everyone makes mistakes. But few folks’ flubs matter more than those of managers, especially to your company’s bottom line. Even sensible managers can make seemingly minor errors—like failing to document a worker’s performance—that could result in seven-figure payouts in court... Continue reading.