Why Boot Camp?
Good management doesn’t just happen.
Managers don’t inherently know how to handle delicate personnel issues or even how to effectively motivate employees. Many times, they are brought into a management role with NO clue as to what they are doing (we're sure many of you can relate!).
Accoding to HR Professionals Magazine, capable and effective managers HAVE to be trained to stay current on the latest updates in employment laws, workplace safety requirements and a host of other trends.
This is why we created our "Supervisory Boot Camp Training," helping managers of all levels keep up to date on employment law and learn how to use that knowledge in everyday workplace situations.
Classes are free to LandrumHR clients (2 people per organization please) and will be held at the LandrumHR Pensacola office located at 6723 Plantation Road.
|Wednesday, January 31
8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
|Wednesday, February 7
8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• Tips for Managers & Supervisors
• Other Laws of Importance
• Laws Specific to FL
• Harassment Prevention
• Interviewing & Hiring Tips
• Conflict Management
• Documentation & Discipline
Who Should Attend?
Whether you've been supervising for 10 years, or you're just starting out - our Supervisory Boot Camp has something everyone can benefit from.
Supervisory Boot Camp covers employment law basics as well as tips and tricks for compliance in everyday situations - making it the perfect refresher course for seasoned managers, or a great intro for new ones!
Titles may include but are not limited to:
-HR Manager, Coordinator, Assistant or Compliance Officer
-Office, Facility or Branch Manager
-Sales, Marketing, Finance, Quality Control, or Customer Service Manager
What Others Are Saying
"LandrumHR's Supervisory Boot Camp provided an affordable and enjoyable option for a complete overview of relevant topics supervisors tackle each day. Becki Haines' professional, energetic presentation, with Q&A opportunity, captured my attention and ignited me to implement a plan for immediate improvements in my company's HR policies and procedures." -Lynne, Attendee from February 2017 Boot Camp
"I used tools I learned in the interview process the first day I returned to work! Thank you." -Anonymous Attendee from May 2017 Boot Camp
"Information covered was a great refresher. Becki did a great job and used practical & current situations to use as examples." -Anonymous Attendee from May 2017 Boot Camp
About the Instructor
Becki Haines, PHR, SHRM-CP
Director of Training and Consulting at LandrumHR
Becki has 20 years of Human Resources (HR) experience and holds a business degree with a concentration in HR. She is certified as both a Professional in Human Resources (PHR) by the HR Certification Institute (HRCI) and a Certified Professional through the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM-CP).
As a seven-year LandrumHR employee, Becki has worked with the staffing and consulting divisions of the company. She is currently the Director of Consulting for LandrumHR. Prior to joining LandrumHR, she was the Director of Human Resources for a health care system in Mobile, Alabama where she lead the HR team in the proper execution of the recruitment, employment, benefits, compensation, workers’ compensation and safety disciplines for 1,000+ staff.
Becki is passionate about helping organizations best manage their greatest resource – their people. A teacher at heart, Becki focuses on helping business leaders understand the “why” behind the “what” so that they can move forward with confidence in their decisions.
- How much does it cost? The cost for our 8-hour Supervisory Boot Camp training is free to LandrumHR clients and $178 for the general public. If you break it down, $22 per hour - which is a whole lot cheaper than a lawsuit! Think of supervisor/management training as an investment. Ignorance can be expensive!
- Can you attend just one day? We ask that attendees attend both days to complete the full training course.
- How many people can I register to attend from my company? Due to limited seating, we ask that only two attendees per organization register to attend. If your organization has more than two who would like to attend, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on a waiting list. Thank you for understanding.
- Is lunch provided? While a full lunch is not provided during this course, we do offer coffee and light snacks to hold you over until we dismiss!